Cops & Robbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cops & Robbers

This is a production website for the Starcraft 2 Map, Cops & Robbers

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Team Switching in Missions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MrOtakuism

Team Switching in Missions Empty
PostSubject: Team Switching in Missions   Team Switching in Missions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 10:47 pm

When I play as a cop or a robber in missions, the other team is usually disappointing. Only once have I played a game that was balanced. Other games included people who didn't know now to properly be robbers/cops. This caused people to argue "Missions isn't balanced" when all they needed to do was repair the building or learn to use police cars. I would really like the option to switch teams if one side is winning be a landslide (say 2-0 or 3-0), where a player, starting with the most experienced, get an invitation to join the other side, and goes to the next experienced if the one before refuses. The player who moves should also get a little "bribe", just as an incentive to switch. Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Daleman
Admin
Daleman

PostSubject: Great Feedback   Team Switching in Missions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 11:21 pm

Right now I am adding the dialogs for team switching. Its in the game options menu. It will be available to view ingame later today but the actual usage will be available on a later date. The way it is going to be set up is that the players will have a vote menu pop up and the players will vote to for the player to stay or leave the team they are on.

Let me know what you think of this so far.

PS: I love the idea for players to motivate a team switch with money
Back to top Go down
https://copsandrobbers.forumotion.com
MrOtakuism

PostSubject: Re: Team Switching in Missions   Team Switching in Missions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Sounds good, thank you.
Back to top Go down
GeneticSpore

PostSubject: Re: Team Switching in Missions   Team Switching in Missions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 11:16 am

I'd not to sure on that deal there. While you'll always come across the noob who doesn'tk now how to play, shouldn't it be up to more "experienced" players to teach them? Team switching will just cause more unbalance and arguing. I don't see that as a good idea
Back to top Go down
Daleman
Admin
Daleman

PostSubject: Re: Team Switching in Missions   Team Switching in Missions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:19 pm

GeneticSpore, I agree with you that it could cause more imbalance. Thats why if this option to team switch gets released it will have limitations and regulations like these:

You will not be able to switch to a team that has more players than yours.
A player if wants to switch team will request a transfer. The other players can vote to keep or move the player to the other team.

I have been in games where people have dropped or left and it became a 3v5 and there would be little chance for the oposite team to win. In a case like this the team could get balanced to a 4v4 and the opposite side could have a chance.
Back to top Go down
MrOtakuism

PostSubject: The main problem   Team Switching in Missions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 8:06 pm

Well, the problem is when there is no one experienced on the other team. I once was a robber and none of the cops knew they could repair a building, search people, and upgrade normal cops.
Back to top Go down
Daleman
Admin
Daleman

PostSubject: Re: Team Switching in Missions   Team Switching in Missions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 8:12 pm

That reminds me I gotta get a better load screen thats more descriptive. It may help people and give them more direction for when they play.
Back to top Go down
MrOtakuism

PostSubject: Re: Team Switching in Missions   Team Switching in Missions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 12:26 am

Yea, a tutorial would be helpful too.
Back to top Go down
dongboka

PostSubject: asd   Team Switching in Missions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 1:10 pm

when youre in the hero picking screen, why don't you make a list of skills a hero has showing up when you put your mouse on the hero's portrait?
Back to top Go down
Daleman
Admin
Daleman

PostSubject: Re: Team Switching in Missions   Team Switching in Missions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:57 pm

The reason why hero don't have the selection of hero abilities is because they are constantly being changed and worked on. As of right most the abilities are final so I can start making the hero stats and abilities be displayed over all the units. This will be in a patch later today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Switching in Missions   Team Switching in Missions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Switching in Missions
Page 1 of 1