Cops & Robbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cops & Robbers

This is a production website for the Starcraft 2 Map, Cops & Robbers

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game Modes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Daleman
Admin
Daleman

Game Modes Empty
PostSubject: Game Modes   Game Modes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 11:50 am

At this moment there are only 2 game modes active; Missions and Deathmatch. I hope to have a total of 4 game modes by the public release of the map. Here is what the modes are.

Missions: Players will attempt to complete their objectives and score a total of 4 completed missions before the other team.

Deathmatch: This is a mode where the teams can duke it out and not have to worry about missions or anything else, just kills. The first team to kill X amount of players before the other team will be victorious.

Classic Mode: This will be completely based on the original style from the SC1 map. At the moment all NPC cops will be removed and anything else that takes away from the original styled map.

Undetermined Mode: There is no concept for this map at the moment. It is up to the members and players of this map to come up with this mode and how it will be played. Please post any ideas or what you would like to see put into this mode.
Back to top Go down
https://copsandrobbers.forumotion.com
Souls

Souls

Game Modes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Modes   Game Modes I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:51 am

Maybe that extra game mode could be all cop Players vs. AI robbers or vise versa. With a difficulty adjuster for the strength of the AI.

A side benefit of this is that people can play alone and

- get the feel of the game
- test heroes
- play at times when lobbies fill too slow.
Back to top Go down
Daleman
Admin
Daleman

Game Modes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Modes   Game Modes I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:08 am

Souls, I do like this idea as it could prove helpful as an alternative to pvp based matches and the reasons you have provided are true. I will take note of this and keep this in mind when I start the development of more modes.
Back to top Go down
Ghost

Ghost

Game Modes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Modes   Game Modes I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:53 pm

You should add a demolition type game mode.
1 object or 2 in the center of the map, cops have to defend it robbers have to attack it.
First one to destroy it wins?
And then you could change sides and the cops have to destroy a robber building or something.
Back to top Go down
Daleman
Admin
Daleman

Game Modes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Modes   Game Modes I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:25 pm

I do like this idea but the problem for the robbers is that they are going to have a hard time with defending an object. If a robber harms someone then a NPC cop wil respawn and then another untill you have a bunch at the place the robbers are defending. It will progress untill the swat/army is there too.

A possible solution would to have that mode without the NPC cops, swat/army. That way it will be more PVP based and no other interuptions from anything.
Back to top Go down
Ghost

Ghost

Game Modes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Modes   Game Modes I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:27 pm

How about adding vehicals like tanks or something so the only way to die is for a cop to destroy it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game Modes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Modes   Game Modes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game Modes
Page 1 of 1